LET THE FOOD BECOME YOUR TOUR GUIDE


Hi,

I'm Nikki and I live in beautiful Portland, OR. I am a lover of foods and also travel. So, I thought it would be fun to combine the two.

I know my favorite part of my vacations is the different foods I get to try that represent those regions. Foods are the thumbprint of a city. The foods people eat support life, they express their history, and they bring cultures together. Sounds great to me. I suppose that's why I "live food" full-time now....as a culinary student.

If you're interested in food and travel and would like to learn a little more about the food, sights, and culture of a few places around the world then this may be the blog for you. If you think so too, I'm looking forward to having you come along with me on this journey.

Bon Voyage & Bon Appetit!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

THANK YOU FELLOW FOOD LOVERS


IT'S BEEN THE JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME



Well, this has been quite a journey for me and hopefully for all of us.  I know I have learned a lot and created a longing in myself to go and explore as much as I possibly can. Take a look at all the places we were able to visit during our time together.  


The cities we explored:


  • MARVELOUS ATHENS, GREECE
  • FABULOUS LONDON, ENGLAND
  • WELCOME TO MANILA, PHILIPPINES
  • UNSURPASSED BEAUTY OF MAUI, HAWAII
  • THE CITY OF ANGELS & CALIFORNIA CUISINE
  • MYSTERIOUS ALLURE OF BEIJING, CHINA
  • FAST-PACED TOKYO, JAPAN
  • COLORFUL BARCELONA, SPAIN
  • EXOTIC MARAKESH, INDIA
  • SPICY NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

Which one was your favorite?  It's hard to choose, isn't it?   Perhaps we can just choose to love each one separately for their own uniqueness and significant contribution that they give to each of us. Then again, perhaps the one we hold most dear to our heart is the one we are most familiar with.

  

I know I truly enjoyed the Weekly Features on my hometown, Portland, OR, and I think I reconfirmed for me that there's no place like home.  Thank you, Portland, OR, for making my son and I feel at home. 





PORTLAND, OR WEEKLY FEATURES:

  1. FOOD CARTS OF PORTLAND, OREGON (An exploration of the fabulously delicious variety of food carts available here)
  2. KEEP PORTLAND WEIRD (A closer look into what makes Portland "weird,'' what we consider "weird," and how to become "weird" if you're up for the challenge and adventure!)
  3. PORTLAND, OREGON IS...... (A list in my personal view of what Portland is to me and why I think it is so special)

And, of course, thank you fellow food lovers for coming on this journey with me and letting my son and I come into your lives for a little while.  It has been a true adventure in many ways.   There is a connection people have with food and we should embrace all the flavors that life has to offer.  Not just the wonderful flavors that come from the food, but the flavors that come with the experience. The culture, the history, the feeling that you are experiencing something that played a huge role in the creation of who we are as a people.  

As I move on to other things for now, I encourage not only myself, but all of you to keep on learning and keep on tasting.  You will never be finished exploring, experiencing, and getting to know yourself and those around you.   The best way to do this in my opinion is to have food be a part of that journey.  Eat to your fill, but never lose your hunger.



See you on the next journey of a lifetime......where shall we go then?  New Delhi, Dublin, Jerusalem, Kenya, Sydney, Rio de Janeiro, or maybe Fairbanks or N.Y.C. back in the good ole U.S.A. 

I can't wait!   Until then....  
Adios, Cheerio, Paalam na, Aloha, Later Dude (Goodbye), Zai Jian, Sayonara, Ma'as salaama, and Au revoir.      







1 comment: